Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yikes

So I expressed how I was feeling on Saturday, and why I decided to stop the diet.

I however did not have anything to say Sunday... because I was in the ER most of the day.

I woke up Sunday morning because of some cramping in my front right lower waist.  Below my stomach, near my pelvic region.

I thought maybe it was my IUD gone wrong or something, because I also had a little bleeding.

Turns out (after 2 cat scans, 1 vaginal ultrasound, 1 regular ultrasound, and over 6 hours laying in a bed on an IV) that it was an ovarian cyst, that had exceeded 5 cm and filled with blood until it burst. Leaving me very uncomfortable :/ but at least it was not my appendix.  Which is what we thought it was going to be.

I did have a lovely time on the pain medicine while I was there, and now I just take some motrin.  The thing that really bothers me though, is that after giving them a urine sample, they said "oh you are dehydrated."  Which shocked me.  But then, after getting some blood work done, they told me that I was EXTREMELY dehydrated.  I have 2 IV bags full, pumped into my body.

This upsets me because I love water.  I do.  I drink it all the time.  I even drank more than usual for this diet.  I don't drink soda, and I don't care for sugary drinks.  When I do drink iced tea, I have it unsweetened.  So what we think happened, was that during this diet, I didn't get enough salt.  I wrote about my diet on here everyday that I did it, and often I put a little salt on things.  But clearly not enough.  SO I urge anyone who tries this diet, to get some sodium!  It is very important.  I still can not believe that I can drink a gallon of water in a day, and still be told I am severely dehydrated the next day.  I did mention at the beginning that I was having to go to the bathroom more frequently, so it just was not staying in my system :( I am still getting over it all.  I will not be doing this diet again, just because I do not think my body can handle it.  If you do try it, I wish you luck!  Just please pay attention to your body, and make sure nothing is going wrong.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So this diet was to lose weight quickly??? It was probably water weight they were having you lose, not "fat"...

Ashley and additional voices... said...

That was the point of the diet existing I believe. Josh and I were trying it just because it seemed interesting. I don't like "diets" because of yoyo weight, and because I don't want to limit what I want to eat. Since I am almost considered overweight, and Josh is not, we thought it would be fun to see what happened with us compared to other peoples results. I did lose some weight, but not 10 lbs. I think I will stick with my normal food and now that I have my pilates ball :) I am excited to work on my body with some more exercise!