Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Waffles

First off, I would like to introduce you to our morning routine.  For the most part, it stays like this, with few exceptions.

6:30-8:00am-ish  Wake Up to the sound of Evelyn playing in her crib, go and get her (either one of us, or both of us), take her to her mirror and say hello morning.  We do this every day.  She starts waving like crazy as soon as we take her out of her crib :) she knows she is going to the mirror.  Then we take her back to our room, where I nurse her for about a half hour while Josh goes back to sleep.  Then I take her out into the living room and we play for a while until Joshua wakes up.  Then we all have breakfast together.

9-9:30am-ish Nap Time.  She is usually very ready for a nap at 9, even if she woke up at 8.  She starts rubbing her eyes and is ready.  That time is almost upon us, so I thought I would get this little post in before I lay her down for her nap.

We both got up to get her today, because she was yelling DaDa and giggling :)
Watching Joshua with her just makes me all fuzzy inside.  When I took her out in the living room to play, I was thinking about how great he is, and what a lucky girl Evee is, to have him as a father.  So I decided to do something special for breakfast, rather than just scrambled eggs (what we usually have when we are out of fruit).  He loves waffles, so I heated up the waffle maker.  We are out of milk at the moment so I thought I would just use mix.  Turns out I only have pancake mix :/

I was bummed.  I started looking for alternatives.  I opened up our very empty fridge and saw an unopened tin of orange sweet rolls.  Perfect!  I put one roll in each of the little dividers on my waffle maker, and put the lid down.  I had it on med. heat for about 5-6 minutes (Josh likes things a little brown, if I had made them for me I probably would have took them off sooner).  This was the result, and he said it was a great success.



He didn't eat all of them (it was a whole roll of cinnamon rolls!) but since they were made in the waffle maker, we can reheat them later easily :) Oh and we put the orange icing into a bowl, into the microwave, and used it for dipping.  Delicious!  (Evee and I split one hehehe)


No comments: