Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Weekend Trifle

So I supplied the dessert for last Sundays family dinner.

I couldn't get any good pictures :( but luckily someone else did :)

She just sent me the finished product!  So I would like to share with you my trifle



Here is what you need

1 pkg of graham crackers (not 1 box, but just 1 pkg from in the box)
1 container of low fat whipped topping
1 pkg of oreos
1 pkg brownie mix (I used triple chunk)
1 large pkg of oreo pudding
1-2 bananas
butterscotch chips (optional)
white chocolate chips (optional)

Here is what you do!

Make the oreo pudding, and the brownies, according to the boxes.
When you are done mixing the oreo pudding, put it into the fridge.
When the brownies are cool enough to, put them in the fridge also.
In a food processor, chop up the graham crackers.  Mix them with the whipped topping to make a sort of "crust."
This crust goes on the bottom of your trifle dish.  Spread it evenly.
Next put the brownies (cut them up first!) in the food processor.  Pulse it just a few times (or just tear into chunks if you want, mine were still warm so I used the processor).  Put them on top of the graham crust.
Next take some oreos, and twist them apart.  Decorate them around the edge of the trifle dish, pushing them inbetween the brownie pieces and the trifle dish.  This makes a pretty display :)
Now within the oreo walls, pour the oreo pudding!
Then take a banana (or two) and slice it up into little round pieces.  Put those on top of the pudding. It is a fun hidden surprise that no one expected, but everyone loved!
Put the remaining oreos into the processor, and then sprinkle on top.  I decided it was a little boring looking all black, because you can't see the pudding, so I sprinkled the top with different chips that I had in my pantry.  If I were to make this again, I think I would do a layer of ice cream, and another type of pudding, maybe white chocolate?

It was delicious, and we had no problems giving away the leftovers (since we were starting the diet on Monday, so we couldn't take it home with us).

No comments: