Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Diet?

As I have stated before, I have a beautiful little baby girl :)


After having her, I lost about half of the pregnancy weight (yay!) but I still have a little more to go.  I would like to lose more than that though.  My guy and I purchased Insanity, hoping to really get into shape together.  We weren't aware of the shakeology shakes that you needed to really do the program, and we could not afford those on top of everything.  Plus it was kind of hard to do with the baby at the time.  Maybe we will start again though.  I would like to.

I have been trying to do yoga more often :) I really enjoy it, and I can definitely feel the difference after a week of doing it, compared to a week where I didn't.

I read a quote once, and I stand by it, "life is too short, not to enjoy a cheeseburger."  I think that says it all, I really do.  I have never been one for dieting, but rather changing your diet.  Which is what I have been doing.  Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot I can change without it being considered a "diet."  I love veggies, and fruit.  I eat them often.  We have completely switched to only whole wheat flour, and whole grain/whole wheat bread.  I make sure I get plenty of protein, fiber, and water (water is my favorite thing to drink!) pretty much every day.  I do not drink soda, and I limit myself with sweets.  So what can I do except exercise more?  I will not cut out what little indulgences I do give myself, that would just be mean and unfair to my poor mouth that loves the tastes and experiences :)

So I am about to try a diet... I am trying this diet, because most of the things listed, are things I eat all the time anyway.  It will be entirely easy for me I think :) I am going to start this diet on August 11th.  This will give me time to prepare a shopping list, to come up with meals, and mentally prepare.  It honestly seems too good to be true, and I am going into this knowing there is a chance of a yoyo scenario after the fact... but I am going to try it.  I will keep my blog updated daily :) I may create a separate page with links to all the posts.

Here is what I am about to do.

Eat Your Heart Out

Not typically a fan of diets, and I highly doubt I would lose that much weight... but I think I will try this out :) I love veggies, fruits, and most everything on the list... except bananas, but I can force them down!

I do have to tweak it just a little bit though :/  I really hate to do that, since I know any good recipe is best to be followed as closely as possible.  I hate bananas, but I will force them down my throat!  However I can not put onions in the soup on the last day.  They make me physically sick :( so hopefully the soup wont be too bad without them, or maybe I can substitute something?  I don't know.

Wish me luck!  Let me know if you have any ideas for yummy foods on any of the days :) I am allowed to use spices, just no creamy sauces or anything like that.

EDIT:  The date has been changed to August 13th.  Better to start on a Monday in my opinion :) 

No comments: