Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Diet day 2

So far today (and I will edit it, as the day goes) we have had our veggie breakfast, and lunch, plus a snack.

My morning started with a light snack of carrots.

For lunch I made steamed carrots and mushrooms, with lemon pepper.
Don't have a steamer?  Me either.  I put my metal strainer on top of a pot of boiling water.

They were delicious (sorry about the lighting!)


This wasn't really enough for both of us to eat (plus whatever Evee stole from us hehehehe) so I also sauteed some mushrooms and orange peppers, with balsamic vinegar.



It was really good, but it felt like it was lacking something :/  like chicken.  I will probably make this again this weekend when I get to the poultry and veggies day.

Right now I have our mid-afternoon snack in the oven.  I am letting it bake for an hour or so, then I am going to put it in the fridge for easy reheating later.

Cherry tomatoes, red pepper, mushrooms, cilantro, and a little garlic powder.  It smells so good right now.  Normally I would add some italian dressing to it, but I can't do that today :/ silly diet!



UPDATE: I decided to turn the tomato mixture into a salsa, by pulsing it with my food processor.
It is in the fridge cooling right now, and we plan to use cucumbers as "chips."

I added some basil, and oregano to it as well, and it smells soooo good.

UPDATE 2:We sliced up the cucumbers and used them as "chips" like I said previously.  The "salsa"came out more like pizza sauce though, or spaghetti sauce. It was good, but only made me want pasta and pizza haha.  We have some left, so I will try to get a picture before we eat it all.

Right now my carrots are finishing steaming.  I just did an hour of yoga, after going on a walk with my family to the park.  Evee loved the swings :)

But after that, and the stairs to our place, I am just pooped and starving.  So this is my final update for tonight.  Day 3 is tomorrow, and it is fruit and veggies.  yay!  I feel like I can do more with both maybe?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I use my strainer inside of a pot as a steamer too!!! I'm surprised you didn't cook broccoli!

Ashley and additional voices... said...

I did have some broccoli the next day for lunch. Evee stole a lot of it :(