Friday, August 3, 2012

Pinterest Banana Bread

I found this recipe for Banana Bread, on Pinterest, the other day.  We had some very ripe bananas, so I decided to make it.





I did do a couple things differently.

Instead of spraying non-stick spray in my bread pan, I just lined it with foil.  I am a sucker for easy cleanups, so foil and parchment paper are my best friends.  Instead of regular flour, I used whole wheat flour.  I also added a little hazelnut extract, which I think was a great addition!  Joshua loves raisins, so I threw in a couple handfuls of those as well :) So really I guess it was banana-raisin bread.

It came out nice and moist!  I had a piece this morning, warmed up with a little honey drizzled on top.  I think my next slice will have a little peanutbutter.

Here is the recipe, with my tweaks.


  • 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 3/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/3 cups of mashed overripe bananas (I used 4)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp hazelnut extract
  • 2 cups of whole wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line your bread pan with foil for easy cleanup.  If you want to grease it also, you can, I didn't need to.
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy.  
Beat in the eggs, bananas, vanilla, and hazelnut until well combined, but don't over beat!
In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, raisins, and nutmeg.
Gradually add the flour mixture into the banana mixture, stirring just until it is blended. Pour the batter into the pan and pop it in the oven!
I baked mine for 30 minutes, then turned it.  We just moved here so I don't know the oven very well yet, so I wanted to make sure it cooked evenly.  I checked it after another 20, but it was still a little undercooked.  After another 10 minutes though, it was perfect.  So about an hour total time.  
I let it cool for about 10 minutes, then just lifted the foil right out.  I let it cool another half hour on the cooling rack before I cut into it.  
It was especially delicious warm with honey, peanutbutter, and nutella.  Not all together, but I mean, that would probably be delicious too.  :) but then I would never fit in my pants again.  
The next time I make it though, I think I need to add walnuts or something to it.  It was delicious but I just like a little crunch.  

No comments: