Monday, October 15, 2012

Mmmm Grapefruit



So I have read tons of things all over the internet, and in a couple health books, about grapefruit.
I have had grapefruit before.  I did not like it.  It was bitter and gross.
(unless I put a giant pile of sugar on it hahahaha).

But since it is so good for you, and I am trying to lose some weight, I decided to buy some this week.
So many people like it, I thought there had to be something to it.  
Maybe at the very least I could get used to the taste of it.

I looked up "how to cut grapefruit" and found a yahoo answers link.  Let me try to find that real quick.

So today I am eating my second grapefruit, and I am astonished.  I do like it.  It isn't that bad.  The trick is just to cut down the membranes, because that is the nasty bitter part.  If you just eat it with a spoon, you are getting lots of bitter nasty (have I said bitter and nasty yet?  That is because I mean it!!!)

:) now it is much more enjoyable.  I think I will enjoy my week of grapefruit, 
and come grocery day, I will buy some more.  I also got more cereal at the store, 
because I don't like to eat the same thing Every day.

No comments: