Thursday, October 4, 2012

Baked Apples

Well Evelyn was sick on Monday and Tuesday.  Now I am sick :/  I love tea with honey though, so at least it is an extra reason to drink it :)

Anyways, I promised a new recipe, and here it is!!!

Baked Apples

I don't know who to give specific credit to since I have seen so many similar recipes.  However this specific recipe, is mine, but the way they are baked I got from many places (kinda like how you know you put a cake in an oven, and it is best in a pan lol).

So here is my recipe for baked apples!

3 Apples (I used red because it is what we had on hand, if I did it again I would use Granny Smiths)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Brown Sugar
Raisins
Honey
Lemonade (I used minute maids already made)
Mini Marshmallows
Butter

Preheat oven to 400
In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, nutmeg, raisins, and cinnamon.  I don't do measurements, just look at your apples, and make enough to fill the inside of them.  Everyone has a different preference, so add the seasoning according to yours.  (I like a lot of cinnamon)

Take your apples and set them in a baking dish.  If they can not stand on their own, cut off some of the bottom so that they stand flat.

Now take a knife and cut around the core at the top.  (sorry, I should have taken more pictures of this)
This next step is a lot easier if you have a melon baller, if not, use a spoon or a fork and you will be fine :) (I had to use a fork, I couldn't find my melon baller)
Scoop out the insides (not too much, you do want some apple haha) so that the core and seeds aren't there.  Make sure you don't go through the bottom though.

Take your brown sugar mixture, and fill up the apples.  You can over flow it, because it will deflate as it goes.

Put a dollop of butter on top of each apple, over the brown sugar mixture.

Pour lemonade into the baking dish around the apples.

Drizzle the apples with honey, and cover them with foil.  Put them in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until desired softness.  Take out, and put the mini marshmallows in the hole (there will be room now) and recover with foil but do not put back in the oven.

After a few minutes, or when mallows are melted, remove foil.  Put on plate, drizzle with more honey, and a dash of cinnamon.  Enjoy!

I cut mine in half before I served them, and I served Joshua his with a couple spoonfuls of his yogurt on top.  You could also do Ice Cream and granola, or raspberries, or lots of other things (I think an oatmeal crumble would be really good and some caramel)

Sorry I am not the best picture taker, but here are ours.   I take my photos with my mp3 player, so I apologize for the quality.  I enjoyed them, but I think I would like mine softer.  Joshua said he liked his though.

^^^ Joshua with yogurt on top


^^^ Mine :) I know I am boring hehehe


No comments: