Monday, November 5, 2012

Rosie's at home

Rosie came home tonight, which completely shocked and surprised me!

I am so glad she is home, although I am a little nervous about the next week.
She is walking a little haphazardly, but she is walking.  She is roaming around the rooms as if she never left.  Shortly after she came home, she went and used the litter box.  Then she went into the kitchen as she does every night (and morning) and started meowing for food.  I had to guide her back into the other room, where we have moved her food (so she can more easily access it, without moving around so much).  This already is a huge improvement!  It took me a while to get her to eat even a couple little pieces, but she finally did.  Then a little while later, she ate more!  She has returned twice since then, and eaten more!   I know, lots of exclamation points!!!

We have to watch her for fevers, by checking her ears and paws.  She has syringes full of pain medicine she will have to have twice daily, and some pills that she also has to have (I am not looking forward to getting those swallowed).

She snuggled for a while with her Daddy, and now she is just staring at me :)

I know we aren't out of the woods yet, and she is still very sick, but having her home makes me feel so much better.  Just seeing her, and not imagining the worst, is such a better state of mind to be in.

I apologize if I misspell this, but I guess her jejunum was the part of her intestines that was messed up.  The way they explained it was that the jejunum is one of three parts of the intestines.  It makes up 70% of the intestines.  They removed 50% of the jejunum.  Apparently it is also the part that makes vitamin B12.  The doctor told Joshua that if Rosie had been a dog, she would not have made it through all of this.  :(  We are lucky that she is a cat, and in the future, when we do have a dog, we will remember these things.

Thank you for all of your support!

To keep up with updates, or to make a donation to help out, please visit Rosie's Facebook Page and/or her Donation Site.  Thanks!








No comments: