Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/11

Today has been a long, and tiring day, but a good one.

My dad decided to make a last second trip up here, with my baby brother.  They have never seen our new place, and had planned to come see it on Thanksgiving.  However that won't be happening, because my youngest brother is having his tonsils taken out, and won't be fit to travel.

They arrived yesterday, and left today.  Very short, but pleasant visit.

Yesterday was the Marines Birthday.  Joshua is a marine so <3 I hope we made it enjoyable for him... other than the fact that I beat him (and my dad) at poker :)

Today is veterans day.  My dad was in the Navy, and Joshua, as stated above, Marines.  I have thanked them both today, and hope they both enjoyed the recognition they so rightly deserve.

Rosie has been doing great.  She was sleeping on my hip last night, while I laid on my side.  At one point my hip bone started hurting so badly, that I wanted to roll over, but I held my position as long as I could so I didn't wake her.

We go in on Tuesday to get her stitches out. (yay!)

I think I will have to make a batch of cookies and brownies to take in with us on Tuesday, for all the help they have done.  They even put Rosie's facebook campaign page on their facebook page!  A couple people have since donated to Rosie after seeing it.  We are now at 24% of our goal!  As my dad said when I showed him, there are still good people in the world, willing to help their neighbors.

I took my dad and brother on the CTA to get back to Union Station, so they could get home.  I really wish more stops had elevators.  I hurt my wrist carrying the stroller, and the baby up and down so many stairs.  I decided after leaving them at the station, to take a longer way home and walk to the nearest known station with an elevator.  I realized on my walk, that I was walking for 20 minutes, to get to an elevator, rather than going down a set of stairs that were only 5 minutes away.  That is my worst attempt to be "lazy" ever!  Though in all fairness, my wrist hurt, and I did enjoy the walk :) nothing wrong with walking!  Evee seemed to enjoy it (other than intersections, when the wind attacked!)

Joshua heated some pizza up for me when we were all home, and then we sat and watched an episode of Doctor Who.  Love David Tennant <3

Joshua couldn't remember how to play Rummy, so I retaught him, and we played.  He beat me :)
Now I am just going to settle in on the couch, and watch a show until I fall asleep, which shouldn't be too long from now.  I will have some new recipes to try this week, so be on the look out.  I will also get some new pictures of Rosie, Evee, and everyone up too.  I have blue hair btw.  I got the stuff for it before Rosie got sick, and finally decided to do it, once everything had calmed down.  But haven't had a chance to take pictures yet.  I miss the purple some, but I have gotten a lot of compliments on the blue.  To each their own I suppose.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pay a visit each day a few sites and information sites to read articles,
except this web site presents quality based content.


Here is my blog post - Meal replacement Diet