Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rosie 11/07/12

Rosie is doing pretty well.  We have our medicine routine down now.  She doesn't particularly like me shoving a pill in her mouth, but she is a very good girl, and doesn't try to escape... too much.

The syringes of pain medicine are definitely easier in my opinion.  She even seems to kind of like them.

She is sleeping a lot, but she has always been a pretty chill/lazy kitty.  She does like to play, but we don't want her to move around too much and disrupt her staples and stitches, so we haven't urged her to chase her ball.

She has been keeping the same trend with her food the last couple days.  She doesn't eat as much as normal, and when she does it is like a last resort.  She whines a lot about it, and then just eats a little.  We were positive she didn't like her food, and we were right.

I talked to her doctor today, and she told us we could try her old food and hopefully she digests it well. More stool babysitting for us :) but I do not mind at all!

She is meowing at me right now, so I should probably cuddle her some more.

I wanted to say something about the staff that took care of her, and the hospital she stayed in.  I am going to copy and paste it from EveryBlock.com where I have already posted it.  Sorry for that, but it is quicker, and I want to cuddle with my Rosie.


I just have to say that I am astounded at the purely amazing Broadway Animal Hospital. I know some recommended it, and others told me they did not care for it. I beg all of you to give them a chance though, or second chance.
After all of this, I honestly can't imagine going anywhere else for any future care for Rosie, or any other animals we may bring into our family.
Not only did we receive multiple calls daily, with updates on Rosie's condition, prognosis, and even attitude, they did so much more! All the effort, around the clock, the kindness in their voices every time they spoke to us, and the superb care they gave her, just means the world to us.
I talked to Dr. Schmitt today, to give her an update and ask about the food. She was very professional, and talkative about Rosie, and showed interest in how she is doing. She told me that the tech Melissa (I have mentioned in previous posts) has since left them, but sent a message asking about Rosie.
This level of care is just amazing! How thoughtful is that? :) so wonderful! The whole staff! From the people that answer phones, to the doctors, and techs. I really can not rave about them enough.
On top of all of this though, I went to check my gmail just a few minutes ago. What I found literally brought tears to my eyes, and I am not that sappy of a girl. We received a donation from her doctor, to Rosie's donation site :)
I had told her about it, but I didn't give her an address to go to. I was just telling her what all was going on. I can not believe this level of kindness, and care.
Reading so many really hateful political posts today, I lost a little faith in humanity, but it was given right back to me with this.
In fact, I have received multiple donations from people in the Rogers Park area.
All of you are so kind, and I truly wish I could hold some sort of event to thank you all. Maybe after we get Rosie's bill figured out haha. :) but really, thank you!

No comments: