Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Laundry Day

We have not had the extra cash to do our laundry in a while.

We have done loads here and there, for things we needed, but there has been a growing pile for a long time now.  As I was putting things in the washers downstairs (in the laundry room our building has) I saw things I haven't seen since September.  I know this because they still had tags on them from my daughters birthday.  smh at myself.  We really haven't had the money to get it all done.  We don't really now either, especially with all of Rosie's vet bills that were unexpected (but worth it!).  But we have to get some clean clothes!

Today I am doing 7 loads of laundry.  This will not finish it all off, but will get quite a bit done!  So Yay!

In honor of this day, I wrote Joshua a song to read in his gmail, while he is at school (not during class of course).  Full disclaimer though, I don't mind doing laundry :) I actually quite enjoy it!  I also love folding.  The only thing I hate about laundry, is putting everything away.  The drawers aren't that bad, but I have this huge irritation with hanging things in the closet.  I also don't care for running up and down the stairs 10 times, but hey, work those thighs!

It is to the tune of Maroon 5's song Payphone.  I would like to share it with you.

I'm on my g-mail, trying to eee-mail
All of nap time, I've spent on you
Where have the dimes gone, baby it's all wrong
Why are the quarters down to two?

Yeah, I, I know it's hard to remember,
The people we used to be...
It's even harder to picture,
Over ten loads laundry.

You say it's too much to pile it,
So I'm gonna give it a try
And our soap, I tasted
And threw all the clothes down

I've wasted naptime,
Your jeans are so tight
Now I'm paralyzed,
Still I love clean clothes,
Clothes fit like a glove,
But my jeans don't like my thighs

I'm at a washer trying to get done
All of my change is going through
Where has my life gone, washing this thong
Where are the plans we made for two?

If "Happy Ever After" did exist,
I would have my own laundry like this
 All those apartments that have it...
 The first stupid snowfall, I'll be sick.


Oh, you don't have to wait til tomorrow?
'Cause your laundries in your place?
I'll give you my load to borrow,
here, just take it away.

I can't expect you to do mine,
but if you'll volunteer,
I know I've said it before,
but, with all of these clothes I will drown

I've wasted my day
but I found some old tights
Now I'm paralyzed,
they were there all that time,
In the dryer I shove,
But every load will have its price

I'm at a dryer, as I perspire
All of my ups, and downs, on stairs
Where has my strength gone, baby it's all wrong
I'll take an apple, if anyone cares?

If "Happy Ever After" did exist,
I would not still be doing this
 5 loads down, 2 more until bliss
.How much laundry we use, makes me sick.

Now I'm on my gmail

Yeah, Yeah, Now please bring it up,
So I can fold you what you need to wear,
please I'm begging you just please do dishes,
So I don't have to do both!


No comments: