Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Politics?

I am not very political, at all.

This year was the first time I really paid attention to what was happening with the election.
I am not registered to vote, because I do not feel comfortable with my position.

I have my own views and beliefs, and I ask of you not to belittle my right to have them.
Joshua is a marine, and I am so proud of all that he has done for our country.  I have great respect for those that have gone over seas, and for those here, that help out every day.  Especially those that get little reward for their efforts.

The first time I vote, I want to be proud, and confident in my decision.  I did research this year, and though multiple candidates had aspects I felt comfortable with, none had enough to make me feel comfortable giving them my signature, my voice.  I did not find that I supported any of them enough to tie my name, and my first vote, in history, to them.  I hope you can respect that.  I would rather not vote, just for votings sake.  I feel that, that is truly throwing away a vote, and not helping anything.

That being said, I can not believe the things I am reading today.

So many death threats?  What is wrong with you?  Do you realize that this is a person?  A human, who can feel.  Who has a family, friends.  This is not just an icon.  He bleeds.  He is real.  Even if you feel you are helping something, you are hurting so much more.  Your own family is going to hurt, just by reading your words.  You lose respect from friends.  I just don't get it.

Then I read so much racism.  On Facebook, and other places.  This is 2012.  How are we ever going to have a great future, if everyone is living in the past?  I don't understand how people can be so cruel.  Children will see this.  It does things to them.  It hurts them.  The elderly will see this, and those who thought they would leave this world in a better place than what they came into it, will be sadly mistaken.  I truly hope that for all of the people with posts like this, they wake up, and stop being so hateful.  To think it alone is awful, to write it down, I can't describe how sad that makes me.  Please be better than this.

EDIT: to add this.  Seriously, ridiculous.  Same sentiments I had before.  This is not funny, and is not a joke.  Stop being so hateful!

No comments: