Friday, January 11, 2013

Oh my gosh!

So sorry I keep leaving you alone, oh blog of mine.

We have been having a rough couple months!  But hopefully this just means really great things are happening!  Oh wait, they are!  Well they are starting to.

Our Indiegogo donation site finished!  The total raised was $610 dollars, which has helped!  We paid off some money on our care credit card (which is for vet care) so now we can go in and make another payment!  yay!  Still quite a few payments to go, but it should all be great :) We can't thank those who contributed enough, and we have things to send out this week (finally! after many mishaps, and injuries, and burnt cookies, or cookies that didn't hold shape, etc, we are finally ready to send things out!)

Joshua had interviews over the last couple weeks, and during his second round of interviews, he was hired and asked to start the next day!  Which was yesterday!  He has to wear a suit, which makes him look so damn good, and he also has to shave... which is kind of weird for me, but I think he looks great with or without his beard :) He is taking time off from school so he can work full time until we catch up on bills, but he has plans to go back next year!  I am so proud of him.

Evelyn has started walking, yay! She is too funny.  I love her personality.  She doesn't want to watch tv, just listen to theme songs at the start of my shows (The Office, and That 70's Show are her current favorites), and otherwise she just wants to read.  She was really sick for the first time since she was born (she had jaundice when she was born, and has been pretty much healthy since then, other than a small cold here or there), which sucked, but she only has today and tomorrow of antibiotics left!  Poor girl had a double ear infection, and a virus on top of that.  She seems to be in good spirits though :)

This is today...
I looked away for one second...






She thinks she is funny.  I happen to agree, so it all works out okay :) 

I finally got to get groceries yesterday!  I was so excited!  Our grocery store has online deals that we can add to our rewards card, so I spent an hour and a half, to two hours yesterday making my shopping list.  Checking their in store specials, against coupons, and deal matches.  It took forever, but I got it done!  I have made a couple really nice friends up in Chicago since we moved.  One of them volunteered to watch Evee yesterday so I could shop with sanity haha.  She also happens to be the one who lets us use her car if we need it.  Which is amazing!  So thank you again, you wonderful person!  

So I spent last night making a few crock pot freezer meals, and bags of cleaned, cut up fruit for smoothies, or snacking.  Now that Joshua has a job, I get to make him lunches to save us money!  Yay!

For the crockpot freezer bags, I have Italian mushroom chicken, spicy bbq, creamy with a kick chicken and potatoes (potatoes to be added at time of cooking), and citrus fiesta chicken.  I will post more about them when I make them, so I can have pictures to go with!

Sadly I have to go back to the store soon, or call them tonight when Joshua gets home.  I went over my coupons, and the receipt, and some of them just don't match what they should have been.  Sad panda!

I haven't really gotten to play any games for a little while, but I did build a house in Sims 3. 

My WoW membership expires in 3 days, and we aren't renewing it until we have some expendable money saved up.  I did get a really amazing deal with Comcast though!  I called to cancel our internet, as it was about to go from 29.99 to 60 something.  They tried to talk me into having the same package for 44.99.  I told them we couldn't do more than what we currently paid.  After trying to talk me into it a couple more times (which is kinda silly if I have already said "we can't afford that") she offered me the same package for 19.99 a month, for 6 months, and then it would go to 34.99 for 6 months.  I told her sure :) I am all about getting what we already have, for 10 bucks cheaper!!! Yay haggling!  


Today I plan on putting the two bags of spinach I got, into the food processor, so I can freeze them in ice cube trays and use them for my smoothies!  I saw it on Pinterest, so it must be awesome, right?  right? 

Okay, well Evelyn is napping, and I am exhausted, because guess what, now I am sick :( 
Or at least starting to get that way.  Lame.  

Bye!


No comments: