Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Funeral Sandwich Review

So I have been seeing these "funeral sandwiches" everywhere on Pinterest lately.  They looked yummy, they sound yummy, they even got put into my planner for my daughters second birthday.  I made them last night...

:/  They were okay.  Definitely not a favorite.  The first two I ate were tasty, not something I would order twice at a restaurant, but something I would be glad that I tried.  The next one I ate though, was not very good at all :(

I followed the recipe, except I hate swiss cheese, so I used cheddar.  This was not the problem.  I love ham and cheese.  I probably eat entirely too many hot ham and cheeses.  The problem was the sauce.  While the sauce was delicious on the first two, the third was overly sweet.   The recipe calls for brown sugar, which was added, and blended well.  But some of the sandwiches must have been craving something sweet, because they soaked it up.  Joshua and I discussed it, and he wanted me to save the leftovers.  He said that they were good, and he will eat them, but we both agreed not to add them to regular rotations.  I would say that they are worth a shot to make, but keep an open mind about the sauce.  Maybe don't add all of the sugar if you aren't a fan of super sweet (which I actually love sweet, so that is a shame).




No comments: