Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Introducing... me! :)

So I keep attempting to start this blog, but then I forget, or I just can't figure it out!

So here is my first attempt at an introduction post :) Just to say hi, and sort of explain why I decided to start a blog in the first place!

So this is me :) hi!

 This picture is a little old, from last Christmas actually, but I do not get many pictures taken of just me these days :)

This brings me to my main point of the blog.  In 2011 I gave birth to a beautiful little girl named Evelyn Autumn Jade.  She is my world, and I love her to death.  Here's a recent picture of my sweet little 10 month old.

This was taken on the 4th of July :)

Oh right, back to my point!  Well, actually, that is my point!  For a little over a year and a half now (I am counting from the time I found out I was expecting) my body has not been my own.  My life has not been my own.  From jungle juice to apple juice, and early morning bedtimes, to early morning wake up calls.

I absolutely love being a stay at home mom.  I love cooking for my family (seriously), and even like the satisfaction I get from a house that is finally clean.   Every day though, I feel myself slipping more away from the person I used to be.  This is not all bad.  I am fine with going to bed earlier, I like eating healthier, and I am okay not feeling sick from drinking the night before.  However, there are parts of me that I miss. I miss crafting, painting, having time to make my own recipes instead of following someone else's, and being romantic with my honey <3

Here's a picture of him :)

I was about 28-30 weeks pregnant in this picture, so excuse the giant swollen everything.  

I hope that by making this blog, it will give me something weekly to do, or maybe even a couple times a week!  A hobby that will hopefully promote my rediscovery of myself.  I figure if I at least imagine that someone is reading it, I might be motivated to do things worth reading about.  

I recently got a sewing machine, and I have no idea what I am doing with it!  I also have lots of craft supplies ready to go!  So expect some new, interesting, hopefully not tear filled (from failure) posts coming from me :) 

I will give just a couple more details about me, and then I will let you be done reading.  I have a tendency to ramble sometimes, especially when I type.  

I am a 24 year old first time mom.  I stay at home with her because I am lucky enough to be able to.  Plus sitters are crazy expensive these days!  My guy and I just moved to Chicago about a week ago.  We have only ever even visited here a handful of times, and most of those were to look for an apartment or on school field trips from junior high.  I hope we like it!  We moved here because Joshua was accepted to a college here, so we packed our bags and here we are!  

I have already told you about my little girl :) But I may have left out our other little baby.
This is Rosie Cobalt :) 

Finally I will say that these are some of the things I hope to post in the future!
New things that I decorate, or create.
Recipes I come up with, or I try out and my reviews on them.
Tutorials for sewing beginners, and how they work out, or errrrr don't work out.
Things I find on pinterest, and how they worked out for me.
(follow me on pinterest! Pins!!!)
Then of course, even though I am making this blog to rediscover some of who I am, without being mommy or partner in crime hehehe.   I know I would not be me at all if I did not have my family, my world.  So there will often be a photo or short story about those crazy people.

Well thank you for reading and I hope I can give someone some entertainment somehow, and hopefully in return I get the motivation I need :) 

-Ashley

No comments: